Monday, October 31, 2005

moment of fame


moment of fame, originally uploaded by johnniestu.

Here I am in all my glory, strutting my stuff and making personal mascot history. I was dismissed and passed over as possible mascot material on account of being "too tall" for the suit. You can decide what you think. The horse head does seem to kind of hover above the shoulders...but man, I had some sweet moves.

The inserted text is courtesy of Kyle N., who took the picture while covering the OU/K-State volleyball game (and mascot tryouts).
The volleyball in the picture hit me, though I had no idea it did. The horse head is amazingly debilitating. The nostrils are the eye holes and offer a poor to hazardous view of the world. At one point (so I'm told--I was totally unaware of it) while walking the sidelines, I ran into a player who was serving. Whoops.

All in all some good times for sure, depite my harrowing dismissal. How many people can say they've been in the suit? I practically walked on the moon in mascoting terms. One giant leap for equine kind...

No comments: