Saturday, January 14, 2006

No more moo moo



I'm almost entirely certain that I've developed a mild case of lactose intolerance. I've noticed some problems over the last few months and the symptoms have been consistent. I don't get sick upon consumption, but when I eat dairy products, things just kind of slow down if you know what I mean.
This is apparently a very common problem among adults according to my uncle (a doctor) and a person can develop an intolerance at any point in his or her life.

For the past month, I've been off dairy in order to see if it's really the problem. It's been hard to give up the cheese especially. It's also hard at times to avoid eating dairy products in various social situations. I can sympathize with vegetarians and vegans more now, in a small, non-dairy way.

But, in the past few weeks, I've turned to alternative foodstuffs, namely those made from the "hippie bean" -- soy.

I've tried Silk and some soy yogurt, both of which I liked quite well. I think I can survive. Dairy will always be there for me -- a second-string QB -- but I guess soy products might be staples in my fridge from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehh.. no big deal.

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

Anonymous said...

Does the creme filling in a Twinkie actually contain any real dairy cream?? Let's hope not!!! Or thy shall perish into Twinkie withdrawal....how sad.