Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Puerto Rico-belated update 1




















































Well, things have been busy. Late nights a la discoteca and early morning starts have made me prioritize and cut out the chaff. Unfortunately, the blog falls into this category.

But, here are some more pics of the continuing PR action. I'm here till the 30th and we're on the less busy portion of the trip now so that's nice. I'm trying to get more info on Reggaeton for my story and fulfil my class reqs. It's always fun writing about something you have zero knowledge about.

Why pick something I don't know about you ask? Good question. Still working on that one. Just got to keep working toward getin 'er dun.

On the bright side, I got to interview some young ladies about reggaeton when we toured Universidad de Segrado Corazon in San Juan. It was a tough interview, but I got through it. A true journalist's plight.

Photo info
(in no general order): Camuy Caves, Lei Lo Lie Festival (syncopated music and colorful dancing), bike riding through the forest, trash on the beach (don't think it's perfect here), me and my classmates (Ariana and Will), sunset over El Morro (the Spanish fort that protected San Juan from the sea), a firethrower in Old San Juan and a family on a Sunday afternoon swim in the river.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J Stu!! AMAZING photos. I'm super impressed, what a talent you have there! haha. We miss you in the office!

Sam Negus said...

That crazy chubchub man... the ladies love him man, there aint nothin' we can do. Oh mamma Maria, deliver us.

Annie said...

Looks like you're having a fabulous time! That's so my kind of "abroad" travel - no money change, little language change, familiar food, nice people who aren't looking to blow you up. Hmmm - maybe I picked the wrong language (Arabic) to study ...