Friday, June 09, 2006

Asundry



Some plumbing guys came this week to replace a portion of the neighbor's sewer line. Unfortunately, part of it ran through our yard so they had to dig a nine-foot hole on our side of the fence. Today they filled it in after fixing the pipes.

I was out getting some photo documentation of the event and Bobby offered me a spot behind the sticks of the backhoe. "Wanna try it out?" he offered casually. Apparently he lets his 8-year-old run the thing.

"Sure," I said.

"It's just like a video game," Bobby assured me once I was strapped in.

Quite fun. The controls are really responsive and sensitive. I didn't help out the hole-filling effort greatly, but I think I look pretty cool behind the controls, no?




Last night I finished the last of my personal momento from Puerto Rico. The fruity, 70-proof liquid went down with nary a buzz (though with a slight shudder).

Anybody up for another trip?



This week marks my one-year cell phone anniversary. Pretty amazing really. This time last year I was just breaching the cellular communications world. So far I'd say my wireless experience has been positive. I feel I'm more connected with folks and the convenience factor is a definite.

Still, I find answering the thing quite toilsome at times. Not really sure why.

If you call me though, please leave a message. It's more meaningful I think. Thanks.

You'll notice the scratches on the phone's face. Those are from my bike wreck in May. Ouch. Fortunately the device is quite durable too.

5 comments:

Julie said...

yeah bike wreck! hehe...you look pretty hot in that back hoe :)

J Stu said...

See what I mean? I'm a natural. I should drop out of school...become a backhoe pro.

Anonymous said...

Oi! Hey, you look pretty powerful in that machine.

Laura Negus said...

Its like... c'mon chubby, the cricket can't be that toilsome, especially when you don't answer it when you are napping which is, like, often.

Anonymous said...

and i say cheers to cellphone usage --