Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Typical drill weekend

We played for the annual division dining out on Sat. night. Basically this is when all the officer/enlisted higher-ups of the 95th division dress up, eat, drink and hob-nob. "Oh, Colonel Mustard, you're looking positively smashing this evening..."

During the dinner program they showed a slideshow of 95th division soldiers deployed in Afghanistan. I shifted back to a thought I'd had before of transferring units and becoming an army combat photographer (this job really exists).

Part of me wants to get a first-hand experience of what's going on "over there." Taking photos amidst the action would certainly offer such a perspective if not much more. But then I think I'm pretty happy just honking out sousa marches. Yeah, I think I'll stick with what I know.


Spc. Kimmel and I.


chase(euphonium), me(t-bone), josh(trumpet) and patrick(trumpet).


You've heard of the war on terror? Boy howdy.


Me and saxamaphone player, Spc. McWhorter. This weekend was her last drill with the band. In August she leaves to get retrained as a military policewoman. This job pretty much ensures an all-inclusive vacation to sunny Iraq. But that's what she wants to do. Be careful, McWhorter. We bandees will be thinking of you.

No comments: